Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mellow day

One of the things on Don's list was snorkel. We rented the stuff, found a great place with coral reef but the weather did not cooperate. It was rainy and very windy. Way to windy to snorkel. Don and I took turns snorkeling but Sean was scared. It was not a good day to learn. He had fun playing with his gear. It is supposed to rain tomorrow too,


For dinner we walked to this fine local eating establishment.  Then we came home and walked on the beach.


We were talking to Sean about tides. He was trying to stop the waves by shouting.

I decided to take a walk while Don and Sean played in the surf. I put on my head phones and had just turned around to head back when I felt a burning and something tangled around my ankles. It was a Portuguese man of war. I grabbed it to get it off. You aren't supposed to do that but I didn't know how else to get it off and that little sucker hurt. I walked back through the surf because it hurt less under water. I got home washed it with soap and water, took some benadryl and put cortisone on it. When I looked up treatment it said not to use fresh water because it makes it release more toxins. I've always held the belief if you use enough water it will dilute anything. I saw some pictures of people who were stung by big creatures and they were ugly. Mine was a mean LITTLE sucker. Would not want to encounter a large one.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors