Monday, April 23, 2012

Dole Pineapple Plantation

It was too cold and windy to swim so we went to the Dole Plantation. I was unimpressed. Sean woke up grumpy and we had some costume malfunctions. He wanted long pants and a long sleeve shirt and I didn't have one. Finally I found one small enough to work at the gift shop but not without drama. On the way home Don decided to take a scenic route which lasted three hours. This made me grumpy. Yes we saw beautiful scenery and a traffic jam but I tried to look on the bright side. I am in Hawaii and it is beautiful. In between was OK.

Sean's mood improved with his long sleeves. Here he is flashing some Hawaiian hand signals.

I didn't learn as much about pineapples as I expected. It was more like a huge gift shop. Sounds like Dole in Hawaii is not the leader it once was though they still employ some 30000 people. Sean is looking at a little gecko on a leaf.

In Florida at Sea World we rode the Polar Express and here we rode the Pineapple express.


There was a pond of Koi that we threw food to. They climbed on top of each other to get to the food.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors