Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Hotel in Buenos Aires and all the drama

I really liked Buenos Aires. The hotel we stayed at was not one I would have ever chosen. It was off the beaten path. It had some bad reviews on Trip Advisor but I really liked it. The staff was nice, the room was great.

It would appear the trees in Argentina get cold, many of them were covered in crochet.

This made me laugh. I asked for a bucket of ice and they delivered a little couple of ice. So cute. Silly North Americans and our ice.

The hotel was a boutique hotel our maybe an old brothel I don't know the history. We did run into a prostitute who had been locked out a building and was beating on a door and screaming quite loudly.

This is why the hotel gets a bad rap. This is what you see when you walk out the door. Pretty ghetto. I don't think it was any worse than the other streets we walked through but it was not a sight that Americans would be keen on. 

These big garbage cans were everywhere.


We could have stayed at the Hotel Colon. I wonder what it looked like on the inside.

A display inside the hotel. They staff was as friendly as I've ever encountered. I left my cell phone charger on the plane and one of the workers recharged my phone with his charger while we were out.

Now for all the trip drama (really it wasn't too much)

I kept worrying on this trip. I would start obsessing about different things that could go wrong. I was worried that my lap top would get stolen out of Don's checked bag and I wouldn't be able to check registrations for the business. Sean started coughing on the plane and had pretty bad asthma the first week of the trip. We had his emergency steroids and we started him on them the second day. He coughed a lot and he used his inhaler a lot but it didn't really slow him down and he never got a fever.I was so worried he would get sicker and would have to go to a hospital in Argentina or Brazil. I thought about calling his pediatrician  but there was nothing she could do for us from the U.S.. We had antibiotics, inhalers, thermometer and pulse oximeter in his emergency kit.  My lap top made it to Argentina. Ironically it didn't make it back to the states. I figured it was safe to check it because it didn't get stolen on the way but I'm guessing it got swiped by someone at the Brazil airport. Brazil is such a corrupt county. I hope who ever stole it gets enough money to feed their family for a week. I also had this nagging feeling that we were getting home on the 21st but I made our LA reservations for home on the 20th. We left Brazil on the 20th but didn't get back to California so I had to pay $800 for tickets home which kind of sucked. I lost or had my debit card stolen in Argentina and had to have it cancelled. When we were in Chile my credit card from Wells Fargo was denied. Fortunately we had an American Express and Master Card with us. When I got home I had half a dozen calls from Wells Fargo someone had gotten my credit card number and had gone crazy trying to spend a couple of thousand dollars. That's all the drama of the trip in a paragraph. I really enjoyed everything despite my worrying. Everything turned out fine. I changed my Wells Fargo passwords and had my American Express and Master Card reissued today just in case they were compromised.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors