Sunday, April 26, 2015

Recanto Park Hotel

The hotel in Iguacu was awesome. It had some peculiarities like the rooms with 500 numbers were on the bottom floor. I never did figure out the meaning of that. The room was great. We had three queen beds and a single. We had so many beds we didn't even use them all. The pool was huge, warm and felt great after all our travels. That red thing that looks like a space ship is a hot tub but it was the same temperature as the rest of the pool. It was cumbersome to get in and out of. There was a swim up bar and I could just picture drunk people trying to get in and out of that flying saucer. Maybe the drunks would have had an easier time then my over weight 53 year old butt.

I was surprised that we drove back to the city for the hotel. I expected something closer to the falls. No one told me it would be closer to the falls that was just how I imagined the hotel would be. The town/city was not very big. Our guide said it exist based on tourism. 

A little water volley ball.

Me and Sean in the space ship.

Sean and Lovely relaxing.

The outlets in Brazil didn't fit any of our travelling outlet adapters. Don and I both found one in the gift shop and we both bought one so now we have two Brazilian adapters.

There was a bowling alley in the hotel.


As great as the rooms and amenities were the food was not great. Room service food was yucky. We did the buffet the second night and it was OK. We were kind of in the middle of nowhere so we couldn't just walk to a restaurant. One of the nice things about the trip was I didn't eat a ton so I didn't gain weight. Sometimes on trips I eat way too much.

The description of the hotel listed a disco. I asked the two newlywed couples in our group if they had found the disco and they said no. We found it next to the bowling alley. It was cute, about the size of our hotel room with a disco ball hanging from the ceiling. The speakers were blasting some very un-disco un-danceable music. Funny stuff. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors