Sunday, June 26, 2016

Barcelona

I thought Barcelona was a great city and I could spend a week just exploring. We took a hop on hop off bus around the city. 

On the top of the bus. Sean was listening to the tour in Chinese. Getting his language education for the day. I guess all the Spanish was not enough.

There was a place called Plaza de Catulna. It was probably one of Sean's favorite spots. (Barcelona was full of favorites for Sean) There was this plaza full of pigeons. Thousands of pigeons. There were vendors selling bird seed for 3 euros a bag. Sean fed two bags of food to the birds. they would eat out of his hand. One of them flew on my arm and hung out there for awhile. If you were scared of pigeons it would be a really awful place. It was fun, kind of like the butterflies in Argentina.

We got off at the second stop and took the cable car about the city. It reminded me of Sugar Loaf mountain in Rio. We could see all over the city.

Don, Sean and I were having a big debate last night (2 weeks since we got home) trying to remember where Sean had the BEST spaghetti in the world. I told Don it was in my pictures. The answer Barcelona. Sean just loved this restaurant.


The statue of Columbus.

There were blanket salesman all around. I was looking at some soccer shirts and all the sudden the salesman starts folding up his blanket. I looked over and a police officer was showing Don this sign. I guess they can't fine the blanket salesman because they don't have anything so they fine the tourist. He didn't fine us but I guess he could have.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors