Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Civitavecchia

Long day! So long in fact I don't even remember where we took this picture. We left SLC at 6 a.m. and got into Rome around 3:30 a.m. which was around 11:30 am Rome time. The trip wasn't bad, Sean and I slept some on the plane. The only hiccup was our driver didn't show up at the airport. I had a number and when I called he said "call me back in 10 minutes." I guess he forgot. He called someone else and within about 45 minutes we had a ride. It took about 45 minutes to get to the hotel in the Port city which is a province of Rome. We were so tired we slept for a couple of hours and then got up and went exploring.


The room is really quiet and has air conditioning. The pillows are really hard! Bidet in the bathroom. Tiny little cute shower. Nice authenic hotel in a very old part of town. I think maybe this entire town is really old. I'm talking really old, thousands of years.





There's a huge old naval fort from the 1500's.

And this centennial piece of art work.



Neat little free walk in museum


Don and Sean doing a statute imitation.


Things close after lunch and don't open back up for dinner until 7:45. It was closer to 8:30 before we found a place to eat. We found a McDonald's and Sean got a happy meal because hew as going to perish.


The chef asked if we wanted red whine or white. I thought about saying, "Pepsi with ice but was afraid they'd kick us out of the country.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors