Sunday, June 26, 2016

Marseille




We rode the Les petits trains de Marseille. The kids said it was "REALLY, REALLY BORING!" They didn't like much about it other than getting off. Some of them actually fell asleep. I thought it was fun we rode all the way up to the top of the city.

Don, Sean and I rode a ferris wheel. We could see over the city.



I didn't get a picture but there was a really cool fish market. They had octopus, squid and lots of fish I'd never heard of.

There was a huge shiny metal covering over the square. It was kind of like the bean statue in Chicago. It reflected everything. We are standing below and I'm taking the picture of the top of the structure.


The day we were in Marseille was the day of the European Russia vs England soccer game. Russians are kind of crazy about their soccer. I think all Europeans are crazy about their soccer. The day before they had riots and 30 people were arrested. I don't know if riots is the right word but it made national news. While we were there the streets were still full of Russian soccer fans marching around singing and the police and news media were everywhere. It was kind of intense. We stayed on the other side of the street.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors