Sunday, September 6, 2020

Air boat success



 Success on the river today. No lightening and Kendra had her life jacket so everyone had a good time. I was looking down at how really shallow the water was and thought it's not the life jacket we'd need it's a weapon to fight off the alligators. I didn't say that to Kendra because she's not a fan of water and boats so she was way out of her comfort zone. The thought of being stuck out in a river full of alligators and snakes is not a fun thought. (There was a little snake on our patio the day we got to here.)
                                            It is very beautiful out there. The water was like glass.

The boat driver was feeding the alligators cheetos. They did the same thing when we went on the airboat in the Everglades. 
                                             
It was a pretty day out, still hot but Don and I went out in the ocean since it's our last full day at the beach. We swam in the pool for awhile too. Don came back in and had a nap. I went over to talk to Carol McCormick. She was sitting on her patio and having a margarita. She said she didn't like drinking alone so I had a margarita with her. Beth came over and we talked for a couple of hours. Life is so hard for Beth now and there's nothing any of us can do. She said all kinds of people she didn't know are trying to friend her on Facebook. I told her it's because of the words she wrote about kindness after Brian died. I told her if I wasn't already her friend I would want to be after I read those words.
                                     

It got really rainy this afternoon. I thought the storm had ended and I started walking down the beach. I got to the state park signs and it started pouring. I wouldn't have cared but it was lightening and raining. It's been a couple hours and it's still storming. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors