Sunday, September 20, 2020

English Assignments

 Some of Sean's writing assignments have really made me laugh. I'm conflicted about putting them on the blog but if any of the other kids had written them I would have saved them in the file cabinet. As a matter of fact there is a file for each kid full of this sort of stuff. Since it's all online I don't have anything to file so I will save it in my blog.

Assignment: All about me

All about Sean Lindsay 

I was born on November 13th 2007 in Salt Lake City. My birth parents are Ryan and Jennifer. My birth mom was adopted from foster care at six months  and then she was put back in foster care when she was 6 and raised in foster care.  My birth father was raised by a drug addict and an alcoholic. My name comes from my birth father’s half-brother that he never met and it was the coolest Irish name they could find. My birth mom is Native American. 

When I was born I had a sister who was 2 years old and one who was 1 year old. There was a lot of domestic violence and drug abuse in the house, so then I went to live with my parents Don William Lindsay and Carol Lindsay. I was 4 when I was adopted and my sisters Kylie and Brie were adopted by a different family, the Richardsons.  I still see my sisters  a lot and we talk and have sleep-overs and  go on vacations together. I have 5 adopted siblings and a bunch of half siblings I haven’t met.  Last week I found out I have a half-sister named River. 

One of the cool things about my adopted family is that we travel a lot. I've been to six continents. My favorite trip  was to Australia because the weather is perfect to me, the food is great there, and there is a beach and an ocean which is a major plus. We also have a house in Florida so we spend a lot of time in Florida so online school really works since we travel a lot. 

I like video games because they are really entertaining, and I like building computers because I’m building something I’m going to use and I think it’s really fun because it has technology involved. I also really like staying home because like I have said a bazillion times I’m lazy and I really like traveling to places I haven’t been because It’s very different from your home and what you're used to and it’s really fun to explore. I play the piano because my mom makes me and when I was five I said I wanted a piano. It was a great mistake because she got me a piano and now she won’t let me stop playing until I graduate high school. There’s even a piano in our house in Florida. I also take Chinese because my mom says it’s good for my brain. 

My goals are to graduate college, try out every hot wing possible, and get a job with computers or a job that makes a lot of money and a job that I can work from home.

 (The teacher's only comment on his story was Thanks! It's amazing you've traveled so much. I've only been in a few states.)

Assignment: Write a fiction story based on this picture. It has to have a character, a time period, weather and conflict.



Zeus is angry

 

On September 20, 2020 a continuous bolt of lightning began hitting the United States.  One bolt of lightning came through the atmosphere and then splintered into many lightning storms and destroying all the states that don’t believe in global warming.

 

 The weatherman couldn’t explain what was happening. There were no storms in the atmosphere that would explain the lightning. The lightning caused fires and there was no rain to put out the fires. The lightning destroyed the crops and very few animals are left. The lightning stuck the farm animals and killed them, others died in fire or they starved to death. And the fires are too dangerous to put out. All the places that survived wouldn’t let the people in the state or other countries. 

 

People would wander around trying to survive and trying to find shelter. Politicians were fighting blaming the crisis on everything but science. Politicians said it’s happening because the earth is flat or they thought Kim Jong Un was somehow controlling the weather.

 

The lighting went on for the next year and there was no school people couldn’t work and the economy collapsed. The United States was destroyed and no other countries would help. On September 20 2021 the lightning got even worse. Then a huge flash of lightning Zeus appeared and the people couldn’t believe it. There was no one to record the event because civilization was destroyed.

 

 The Greek God Zeus came down from the sky zapping the earth. Zeus   said since you don’t believe science you can say goodbye. “I knew God shouldn't have created you”  Zeus said. He then deleted the earth from existence for a fresh start.

 

Assignment: Write a true story from your life. Even as the Larry event was unfolding we were joking that it would make a great story some day. I laughed when Sean said he wanted to write about Larry.

   

Lost In Honduras “Larry”


Me, my family, and a bunch of my cousins decided to go on a cruise to central america. One of the countries we stopped at was Honduras.  We had hired a driver for the day and his name was Larry. We were going to a place called Daniels Sloth Hangout to see the sloths and go snorkeling.

The sloths were fun because they weren't kept in a cage and they were hanging from trees and we could even hold them. After seeing the sloths and monkeys and other animals we went snorkeling. Snorkeling was fun. We could see all kinds of sea animals.

After snorkeling someone said they wanted lobster so then Larry said “I know a place that has really good lobster”  and then he drove us like 40 miles away from the cruise ship to go get lobster.  We didn’t know what direction we were going.  The food there was mediocre and we had no idea where we were and what direction he was taking us and we kept saying “we need to leave, we need to leave” but Larry kept saying “its fine its fine.”  Then we started driving back to the cruise ship and we only had an hour before the cruise ship was going to leave.

We had 12 people cramped in the van:  4 cousins, my mom and dad, two aunts, an uncle and Larry. It was raining so hard the road was full of water and kids were filling the potholes with dirt.  We had less than an hour to get to the cruise ship. Honduras was a mess, the Government wasn’t working and the streets were full of garbage. The State department was telling Americans to get out. 

My cousin had to pee so bad he started crying but we couldn’t stop and we didn’t have passports with us, my mom didn’t even have a credit card and there were no hotels. Larry kept saying don’t worry mama. It was past time for the cruise ship to leave and my aunt was swearing at Larry. Finally Larry dropped us off at the cruise ship and the cruise ship was waiting for us so then we started to run for the cruise ship. People on their balconies of the ship were yelling at us and clapping.  We barely made it as soon as we got on board they closed the doors and the ship left. Thanks Larry.

 


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors