Thursday, September 10, 2020

News says it was five times worse than 2011 wind storm

We were checking into the hotel in Tallahassee and I started getting text about a big windstorm. I'm signed up for weather alerts in SGI and Centerville so I didn't know what state the text were coming from. We figured out pretty quickly that it was Centerville.

We were checking into the hotel in Tallahassee when I started getting text alerts about a big wind storm. I get alerts from SGI and Centerville and the alerts didn't say where they were coming from. I figured out pretty quickly in was Centerville. We really didn't know if we were going to be able to fly home in the morning. We weren't sure if we should head back to the island or risk getting stuck in Dallas. We decided to move forward because we really wanted to be home to deal with the damage. I called Mao Yu and had her move the garbage cans and all the lawn furniture inside. I called Jackson and he and Kyle came over and took the window box air conditioner and plexi glass out of our bedroom window. Later I got a text from the neighbors that Don's truck lid almost flew off and it took three people to get it down. The neighbors also moved our trampoline.

I'm torn between being really sad over all the destruction and really grateful over what a great town we live in. 

The pictures are endless and pretty much the same. Trees and destruction. We didn't have power for two and a half days we are at three and a half days and Carter still doesn't have power.
Our plane got in around 1 and at 5 I had to go back to the airport to pick up Carter. Cedar Springs is just a disaster. Actually the entire city has been declared a disaster.
There were really weird rotor clouds. Standing clouds that don't change position but just swirl around. The weatherman said we had the equivalent of a category 2 hurricane. I never want to experience anything greater.

The neighbors new camper is totaled.

                          Over by the pond where the beavers have been chewing on the trees it a wasteland. 


Cedar Springs is impressive.
No power so it was time for board games.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors