Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Another week of DSD Online and life



On line school has been a real process. The first couple of weeks were a real struggle. The district had him in a Chinese class that was teaching the same info as he learned in Kindergarten. I called the district and they moved him to Chinese 2. I talked to the Chinese teacher at CJH and she said that wasn't good enough that he needed to be in Honors Chinese 3 and that is not offered online. Li Li wanted him to come into school once a week. I said no. Eventually, somehow they enrolled him in Chinese 3 Honors online. He is almost caught up and with the 3+ weeks he missed. The other big problem was Science. His class was impossible. I emailed the teacher and asked if she knew of any tutors. She said "maybe he should be in the online program if he needs more help." What, I thought he was enrolled in online. I called his counselor and found out that he was in 4 classes that he shouldn't have been in. Somehow they made a mistake and put him in Independent study classes instead of DSD online. It was only a couple of days before midterms so we decided to wait until this week to fix the classes. Of course the counselor forgot to make the move. I called her Monday and she switched him to the correct Science class. He has A's in the other 3 classes and really likes them so we left him in those classes. At the end of term we will move him to all online classes. The online classes have Zoom meetings with teachers and a lot more oversight. He got credit for all the Science he had completed so he is now caught up with everything except Chinese. Up until the last two days I have sat with Sean for hours every day while he does his school work but today he did it all on his own.

Utah's COVID #'s have been going up, up, up. It's so weird we are going on 7 months of this strange COVID life. And we are almost 4 years of a moronic, dictator for a President. Hopefully the President will be gone soon. He is such a despicable human. Just listening to him makes me crazy. I tried to watch the presidential debates last night but could not stomach his insane rantings.

Had lunch with my peeps. It's weird to not be going in to work.
I've upped my walking goals and I've walked the soles off my shoes.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors