Saturday, September 5, 2020

Sean said "school is hell"

Sean said "school is hell" so we took a break and walked on the beach. I have to admit today was a tough online day. I wish I had read the teachers email BEFORE we spent five hours on English. She said she had made a mistake and assigned too much work. Sean did write an excellent paper with a thesis statement, and arguments on the benefits of naps. I discovered I can totally helicopter parent and log in to his assignments while he is working and see and edit everything his doing. He sits at the computer and I lie on the couch. "Sean you need to capitalize. Sean put a period." Kind of cool!

I feel really bad for the teachers. They are teaching in class half time and online half time while still teaching the kids in class AND they are assigned additional classes of students who are doing total online. Of course they aren't reducing the amount of work they have to do during the day to give them time for online. Instead they are holding zoom meetings and responding to online students in the evening AFTER school. I'm sorry but that seems very wrong. His English teacher has never taught 7th grade English, she teaches 8th and 9th. She is using a program someone gave her and it is a bit of a mess. Sean was reading a paper that made no sense. I read it about three times before I realized the entire middle of the story was missing. I found the story online so he could finish it. I sent the teacher an email and she fixed it. I'm worried all the teachers are going to quit if they keep working them so hard.



 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors