Monday, November 15, 2010

My Biscuit is three

Sean's birthday was Saturday but we started celebrating on Friday. Thursday night we went and got Spider man cupcakes, napkins, stickers and ice cream for Sean to take to pre-school. Friday morning Sean held the cupcakes while sitting in his car seat. He reminded me to drive slow and not make any big bumps. When we got to school he slowllllyyy carried his cupcakes up the stairs to his class. As soon as the kids saw him they started singing happy birthday. The utter joy on his face was priceless. I don't spend a lot of time thinking about the life he would have had but I couldn't help it at that moment and I actually started to cry. Something so simple as the pride of sharing cupcakes with his friends is something he would have not had. Believe it or not I did not have my camera but that's OK I captured that memory in my heart!
It is so much fun to turn three. On Saturday we met up with the girls, their foster mom Tammi and their foster brother Marc at Jungle Jim's.

More cupcakes and some really mediocre pizza. What more could a three year old want. Sean loved playing with his sisters. He went on one ride before they got there and we had to have it stopped because he was scared. Once his sisters got there he was all sorts of brave.

This picture of Kylie kind of freaked me out. I looked at it and felt like I didn't know her. I didn't feel like that when I was with her but in the picture she looks so grown up that I almost can't recognize her. Don hadn't seen her in months and couldn't believe how grown up she was.


And last but not least the cake for home! I did a pretty lame job of decorating it with Toy Story sugar stickers from Walmart. Funny thing I came downstairs and found that Sean had "redecorated" the cake with some airplanes and it looked much better. That's what I get for not asking him what kind of cake he wanted.

This is Sean's pre-school picture. He looks so grown up!

And here is Sean, his teachers and all his friends.
I am sure happy we have this little guy in our lives. We didn't plan on having a pre-schooler at this point in our lives but I think we would be bored without him.

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

Happy Birthday Seaners. Looks like he rang in his new year in style. He is a wonderful little boy and we are all blessed to know him. I hope Alika is feeling better from her surgery and it solves her sinus problems.

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors