Thursday, November 18, 2010

The wild goose chase

 Sean didn't feel like going to school today so we went to feed the geese instead. Low and behold despite emails, direct conversations and messages our favorite goose still has fishing line tied around his leg. We took bread, chips and crackers. Sean was putting chips in his mouth and trying to feed the goose. The goose was willing to try but I decided that probably wasn't the best idea. I could picture the ER visit, nose laceration secondary to goose bite! It was funny though the goose would hiss and then go for the chip.
While Sean was playing I called animal control again. The dispatcher told me she didn't think that wildlife would do anything but she would call and give them my name. Low and behold two hours later the guy from wild life called me. He told me he had gotten a call about the same goose last week. (hmm, I wonder who that was from.) He asked how close I was able to get to the goose. I told him close enough to feed it crackers out of our hands. He said he had gone out last week and couldn't get within 25 feet and that it turned into a wild goose chase. Clever animal control guy! I told him he must have scared it and asked if he brought popcorn or chips and he just laughed. He said he would go back again this afternoon. I told him to call me if he needed help and Sean and I would come out! I guess next time we go feed the ducks I will take a blanket and a pair of clippers and if it still has the line I will try and get it off myself. I'm just worried his leg will fall off. Eek, look how tight that line is. He couldn't get within 25 feet. Please, I was worried the goose would take Sean's nose off! When I took the picture of his foot I could have stepped on the end of the fishing line.

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

Carol saves the world, one creature (human or fowl) at a time. What don't you do? You rescue children from bad homes, prevent small children from ketoacidosis, save the legs of birds. You're incredible. I want to be you when I grow up.

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors