Monday, November 29, 2010

Thankful Thanksgiving

Sean and his friend Luke at pre-school.

A pre-school Thanksgiving feast. This was just one small table. There were more kids. Trust me!

We were helping serve the Thanksgiving feast at the pre-school and Don was overwhelmed by the number of children feasting and the lack of organization on the part of the feast servers. All the kids were sitting patiently waiting while we made their plates one by one. Yes, had I been in charge the plates would have been made and waiting at the tables when they walked in the room. But alas we are the volunteers. While the kids ate we hid in the corner.

On Thanksgiving morning we made puppets.
We decked out Sean's puppet with feathers. Yes, I know he is still wearing his iron man costume. What can I say, he loves that thing. I got my $14 worth! At least he topped it off with a pilgrim hat. Bet you didn't know Iron man had pilgrim ancestry.

Art and Char came for Thanksgiving. We had not seen them for a couple of months. They have been working ALL OVER the country. Alex brought his puppies decked out in matching sweaters.

What am I thankful for?

My family: My husband who is wonderful, my kids, my parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, cousins, Aunts, Uncles and in-laws. I am very fortunate to have a very large and very great family.

My job (business), my husbands job, my kids jobs, my education, my husbands education. Our home.

I am particularly grateful for my health. I have felt pretty crappy the better part of 2010 and after recovering from my surgery I feel normal again. The health of my family. Alex had a CT scan of his pancreas this month and the doctor said it looked surprisingly good. That was great news. I am thankful for all the health care technology we have to make us feel better!

I am thankful I was raised in a home with parents who loved us and  fed us and clothed us and sent us to school and made sure we had the things that we needed to become productive adults. On that note I am grateful that Sean is in our lives. (I counted him in with the kids but he deserves a special note) I am thankful Kylie and Brie are in a safe loving home.

I am thankful for the comforts we have in our lives, heat, air conditioning, cars, technology. I can't imagine what it was like for families in other decades when they had to communicated via letters that took six months to arrive. We now know what our loved ones are doing in real time. (Sometimes more than we want to know but that' OK too!)

I am thankful for my friends, my co-workers, neighbors and all those who have helped and continue to help my children and family!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors