Monday, November 1, 2010

My kids and their friends

One of the things I’ve always enjoyed about raising kids is their friends. My boys have life long friends. Now I will admit there have been friends over the years that I haven’t been fond of but they have been few and far between and didn’t “last.” Many of the friends are extensions of our family. I am totally comfortable “yelling” at them and treat them the same as my own kids. Now these friends are grown and some have kids of their own. I still get “ask a nurse” calls from them.

What got me thinking about all these kids? One of Aric’s friends, Andrew is getting married in February and Aric is going to be best man and I just have to post the first picture I have of Aric and Andrew together. You could say they go way back.

This is a picture of Aric and his friends playing poke man cards. Andrew is the red head. Skyler who used to sit in a baby carrier next to Aric at the swimming pool is in the picture. Skyler is in the marines now and still part of our lives. Adam is on a mission and still one of Aric’s best friends.

The other thing that started me thinking about these relationships is Sean. We were at Wal-Mart on Saturday and a little boy Parker, yelled “look there’s Sean!” Sean was so excited, “that’s my friend Parker.” Because I volunteer at the pre-school I know all of Sean’s friends…. And so it begins again. (And let’s not forget Sean’s next door neighbor best friend Ethan.) That’s how Andrew and Skyler started out as friends. We all lived in the same condominiums. Though we’ve all moved over the years their friendships have remained.
Sean and Ethan on the trampoline

1 comment:

Standinginhislight said...

I love the friends too; the bond we can create as caring adults is pretty cool. =)
~Sheri

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors