Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Farmington Bay Bald Eagles

For the last several years hundreds of Bald Eagles have been wintering at Farmington Bay. We decided to take the short drive, check it out and snap a few pictures.

OK, so I didn't really take this incredibly cool picture. There were all sorts of people with mega fancy cameras out there taking pictures. How was I to compete with my little digital camera. I had to snag one of the fancy pictures taken with the high priced cameras off a Farmington Bay website. 

Here are my not so cool pictures. It was fun to get that close to that many Bald Eagles.  They were eating fish and chasing away the Seagulls.

When we first got into the bird sanctuary we saw six eagles in this tree. There was a sign that said "Eagle Rest Area". It is nice that the eagles can read.

Sean and Steph in the cat tails. I let Sean bring one into the car which he then broke and now I have puff stuff all over my car. Silly me!

They are awesome birds. They've been coming here for years but this is the first time I read about it and went out. It is only about 10 minutes from our house, just off the frontage road.

Sean with the Eagles in the background. Other bird watchers were glad when I took my noisy three year old and left. They were doing some seriously quiet bird watching and we were doing some seriously not so quiet bird watching.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors