Saturday, February 12, 2011

Wise Guys

We went to the Wise Guys comedy club to see Ben Bailey, the host of Discovery Channel's show Cash Cab. Art and Char were with us too but Char was taking the picture so they aren't in it. I laughed until I cried. There were three or four warm up comedians, all but one were really funny. The one was just a dud. Ben Bailey was hysterical! Very different then what I expected, not that I really spent much time thinking about it.  There were only about 40 of us in the audience which was pretty lame. He's has a national television show , he's got a movie coming out and he can't fill a comedy club. I think it's a reflection of lack of advertising on the part of Wise Guys. I could tell it really insulted Ben because he kept making cracks about how small the audience was.The only reason we knew about it is because Char saw an ad in City Weekly and then told me she was going.  Oh well for Ben Bailey, those of us who were there had a great time. I was joking with Don before we left that I wouldn't be able to stay awake because if I'm not teaching I'm in bed by 9 and the show didn't start until 10 but I wasn't even tired. I will never watch his show the same way again.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors