Friday, February 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad

Today would have been my dad's 83 birthday. He died 10 years ago just a month before his 73rd birthday.
Here are some pictures of my dad in no particular order.

Well, I guess this random order is particular. This is my dad with the cutest of his six children. That would of course be me!

Dad and Tim sometime after I had left for college.

Dad as a little boy in Maryland.

No wonder my brothers were all so skinny. They got the skinny gene from my dad. He never did get heavy.

Before Tim was born. I am the baby in mom's lap. Sitting on the step outside the Durham ward. We used to love to play games in the front of the church.

The whole family. Sometime in the 60's.

At the Warehime's in Lynchburg Virginia is the 70's.

Mom and Dad's engagement picture. That's where we all got our good looks.


Charles and Daisy with Mom and Dad. This was the day Daisy left to go back to Brazil.

Mom, Dad and Tim. This was when Tim was the only kid left at home. It was the 80's when light blue suits were cool.

Don and my wedding.

Dad helping Alex carve a pumpkin.


Dad and Mom at Christmas in N.C.

Dad and Shari at Easter.

Dad and Matthew (or maybe James, I'm not sure) doing some work.

Dad, Mom and some relative. I think Paul.

Dad and Matthew.
We had a birthday cake tonight to celebrate Dad's birthday. Sean tasted the frosting in advance, put on the candles and blew them out for dad. Happy Birthday Dad, I miss you. I always think of you when I eat chocolate cake, use duck tape, go to Radio Shack, use any of your tools with your name etched in them, and lots of other times.................

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

I loved seeing all of those pictures of grandpa. I hadn't seen many of them. Happy Birthday Grandpa.

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors