Saturday, February 12, 2011

"I broke the house"

Sean came running into the bathroom this morning looking very scared and said "I broke my house." He was holding a key in his hand. I said "did you break the key?" and took it out of his hand and he repeated, "I broke my house." I looked at the key and it was black. Holy crap. I looked at Sean's hands and they were black. I asked him if he was hurt and he just kept talking about the house. I called Don in and we washed the soot off his hands, there were no burns. He told Don again that he "broke the house." Don said "show me." Sean took his hand and this is what he showed him.
Thank goodness the outlet is the only thing damaged. Yes, there is a child's safety plug in the bottom of the outlet. There was a Spiderman nightlight in the top outlet. Apparently Sean connected the key to the prongs of the nightlight and an arc of flame went across the top of the outlet. The key had a plastic top to it which helped protect Sean's hand. It tripped the circuit breakers. Glad my biscuit didn't get hurt. We had a long talk about electricity and safety and why we don't put things into outlets. I think he gets it!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors