Friday, February 25, 2011

The "Why" button is on!

Stringing fruit loops at pre-school. It was funny to watch. The kids would string them then eat them off the string. When I took Sean to school this morning Luke was wearing a string around his neck with one fruit loop on it.
The why button got turned on this week. Sean has been using "why" for a couple of months. His first why was "why can't I eat Cheetos in bed?" This week he started asking why about EVERYTHING! Why is the car in front of us? Why is the car behind us? Why is the car beside us? Why is the road bumpy? Why do we stop at red lights? Why do we go at green lights? Why is Thomas sad? Why is Thomas happy? Why, why, why? Reading books has taken a new turn. It takes a lot longer because every sentence makes him think of a question. I read an article about why toddlers ask why and it said that they are looking for conversation more than answers. That is good news because I don't know the answers to all these questions! He really makes me laugh! Why, you ask? Because he's funny. Why is he so funny? Because he ask so many questions? Why does he ask so many questions? Because he's three. Why is he three? Because he's had three birthdays. And so it goes.

Wedding plans

Other notes: I'm having fun helping Steph and AJ plan their wedding. I don't have a daughter to plan a wedding for and since her mom is in Costa Rica I get to fill in. (Yes I have Alika but I am sure her mom will be the one picking out wedding dresses with her.) We went to David's bridal and Steph got her wedding dress. I would post a picture of her dress but it's going to be a surprise. We have the photographer and we've settled on a date and location. I'm ordering the flower girl dresses today. I'm excited, it's going to be a beautiful wedding. Yesterday Don, Sean, David and AJ all got fitted for their tuxedos. We still need the cake, brides maid dresses, the time of the wedding and rehearsal dinner and someone to perform the ceremony.

The more stressful part is immigration. They've met with an immigration attorney and are going back on Tuesday to start the paper work trying to make sure they are in compliance of all the laws and rules. The filing fees are close to $2000 and that doesn't include the attorney's fees. People wonder why there are so many undocumented people in our country. Why? Maybe because it is cost prohibitive for people to do it the right way! Come on what housekeeper can afford those kind of filing fees and attorney fees on top of that. I'm told you can file yourself but just looking at the forms makes me say no way so they are hiring an attorney to do the work and guide them through all the hoops.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors