Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fall Day

It was a beautiful weekend. Empress and Sabrina spent the night Friday and Saturday. Sabrina left the YWCA Domestic Violence shelter and moved to an apartment. They paid the deposit and first month rent. She stayed there four months then decided she couldn't afford it. Last week she moved in with someone she met at the shelter. Now she's miserable because this woman and her boyfriend fight all the time. (Really, that's a surprise) She wanted to get away and asked if she could spend the night so I let her. It was nice for Sean to have Empress to play with. I know Sabrina wants me to let her come live with us but I don't want her to. I don't want to be that involved with her and I don't want to raise her daughter. And I don't want Jenny's sister in my house. Empress is a cute kid but it would make me crazy to have her in my house all the time. She has to top everything. "I can do a back flip on the trampoline." Sean said "cool come show me." Empress said "my mom won't let me." She says my house is bigger house, I have more money, more friends, I'm smarter..... Come on kiddo your four you don't need to compete. I imagine it comes from insecurities of moving so much but it gets old to listen to. I remember kids like that when I was growing up. I've known adults like that. She also is a very picky eater. What can I say, Sean is the perfect kid and no one else can compete. Well, I imagine my granddaughter will be perfect as well.

We went to Farmington Pond to feed the ducks. Sean kept posing and asking me to take his picture. The geese and ducks were coming up and taking food out of our hands. It freaked Sabrina and Empress out. Silly city girls. I guess that's what happens when you live in New York City for too long. When we crossed the stream to get back to the side of the pond we parked on Empress and Sabrina both totally freaked. Seriously it was a stream with water trickling down rocks. Sabrina kept saying they were rapids. They were really scared. I was laughing so hard I could barely help them across. I asked her what she was worried about. If they fell they'd fall in three inches of water and get wet.

Sean trying to break his other arm. Slow down son!! Empress looking amused. Sean is doing so amazing with this broken arm. I am in awe. I would be complaining and miserable but he just goes with the flow. He can play WI with his broken arm.

Warm day, lots of leaves.

Some more of Sean stopping to pose for pictures. I've got that kid trained.

Sean and Empress looking cute. She is going to be one gorgeous teenager.

Trying to climb a tree with one arm. Sean wanted to swing from the rope over the pond and climb up the rock bank with one arm but I wouldn't let him. He was put out.

We brought home some rocks from the stream by the pond and the kids painted them. Sean was very serious about making rainbows in the correct color order on his rocks. Empress just wanted hers to be pink, ALL PINK!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors