Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Feast

Today was Sean's Thanksgiving celebration at school and it got me thinking about what I am thankful for this year.

I am thankful for my family, my husband, children, parents, brothers sister, daughter in laws, nieces, nephews, cousins, Aunts, Uncles, and Don's family.
This year I am especially grateful that Sean's adoption was finalized!!!!! So thankful.
I am thankful for my business. This year has been our least successful year in business in many years. I am thankful we still have a business.
I am thankful for my college education including the Master's in Nursing that I didn't really want to earn but has come in handy.
I am thankful for the "odd jobs" I've had this year especially writing for the Tribune. It's given me the opportunity to learn things and talk to people I never would have otherwise met.
I am thankful for all my kids jobs.
I am thankful for our home and that we were able to get it paid off.
I am thankful to live in the United States.
I am thankful the elections are over.
I am thankful for our health.
I am thankful for health insurance, orthopedic surgeons and all the other doctors we've seen this year.
I am thankful for all the fun traveling we have been able to do this year. All the family we've seen and the people we've met.
I am thankful for my friends.


Sean pulled two names out of two boxes and his Indian name was "Happy Eagle". Much better than Vanessa who became "Sly Snake."  Each year they have a Thanksgiving feast at the school. Last year we missed it because Sean had pneumonia. There were a lot more parents volunteering this year than in the past which made it run much smoother.

Happy Eagle and the not so happy pilgrim Taya. It's tough when you only like Spaghetti O's.

The funniest part of the feast was the kids crossing the ocean in the Mayflower. The ocean consisted of blue fabric stretched between the two classrooms. The kids were pulled across the ocean in their ship. The part that made me laugh is that some of the Indians insisted on being pulled across the ocean in the Mayflower as well. I tried to explain to the Indians that they were supposed to be waiting in the new world for the white people to arrive and give them small pox and steal their land. They didn't care they still wanted to ride in the boat. Sean was much to mature to be pulled around in a plastic storage bin. Sad, last year he would have been all over that.

A happy little pilgrim.


 Sean's funny for the day:
Last night I asked Sean what he wanted for his night time snack. He thought a minute and then asked  "do we have any celery?" Seriously, celery! We did have celery and that is what he had, celery with peanut butter and a glass of milk.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors