Sunday, December 16, 2012

Can't stop thinking

I can't stop thinking about the families in Connecticut. So much loss for no reason. I don't understand why anyone needs semi automatic weapons. It is so senseless and such unspeakable horror. I turned the news off, I couldn't watch it. Then I see pictures on face book of the beautiful children and the teachers and principal. I think about Steph being a teacher and the kids in her class. An entire class of  first graders, gone. What is wrong with people. How and why would anyone want to hurt little children.

All those Christmas trees in houses waiting for Christmas morning and the children won't be there this Christmas or any other. Someone told me that the one comfort was these children wouldn't have to suffer all the awful things in the world. I don't find that comforting at all. These children did suffer a hugely awful thing and died because of it. If our goal was to not have children have to face the world we would quit having children.

Friday night Sean was sick and I slept in his bed. He laid on me all night and I was so happy to have him. I just rubbed his back and thought of the 20 parents with empty beds.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors