Saturday, December 1, 2012

Creature Encounter

Sean went to a birthday party for his friend Noah. It was a creature encounter party. A man brought scorpions, snakes, lizards, turtles and tarantulas. He explained how to care for animals and how to treat reptiles. It was awesome. The only thing that grossed me out was when he fed the lizards cock roaches. Seriously, I could have done without seeing the roaches.
First up were the turtles. Sean loves turtles. Ever since he rescued one at Grandpa Dave's house in Illinois.

The roach eating lizards. He also had a legless lizard.

Sean touching the tarantula.

Me letting the tarantula crawl up my arm. It was soft and furry. The kids screamed when he pulled it out of the box.

No way was Sean touching the scorpion. The guy doing the party put it in his mouth, yuck!

Sean was all about holding the snake which kind of surprised me. Not that he's scared of them or anything I just thought it was a little on the big side. He wouldn't hold the lizard and he's held lizards before. Maybe that's why he wanted to hold the snake, just because he'd never done it.
Of course I couldn't help but think of our own families creature loving member, my cousin Rob. He's been encountering critters his entire life and now makes a living doing it. If we lived closer I'd have him come do a creature encounter party for us.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors