Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Snow Mobiles at Daniels Summit

In keeping with my "experiences and not stuff" quest we decided to take Sean and his sisters snowmobiling. I made the reservations a couple of months ago. It was cold, really, really cold. It was around 20 degrees near the hotel and probably closer to 10 at the Summit. I'd never been snowmobiling and it was a lot harder than it looks. It takes a lot of muscle to steer that beast. There is no power steering and you have to lean against the curve or you will fall over. Don, Sean and Kylie fell over. One other person in our group fell over and one ran into a tree. The only two that didn't roll or get stuck was me and the other mom. We were going too slow to get in too much trouble.

Brie loved it, Kylie liked it, Sean hated it. Sean said it was "miserable." He said he was praying that they wouldn't die. Kylie said she kept her eyes closed and she was praying too. She said she was thinking "if we die it will be Uncle Grandpa's fault." They cracked me up. Sean and Kylie said they wanted to switch and ride with me. Ha, Don's a much safer bet. They were somehow convinced I was going slower which made no sense because they were behind me. Don was worried I was going to get left in the woods. 

On the way up I was thinking, "never again." On the way down I understood how people could enjoy the sport. I'm not sure I will do it again but I'm glad I did it once. At the restaurant they have a video of extreme snow mobiling and Kylie said "that's what we were doing." Yep, Kylie we are exactly like the extreme guys.

Sean being angry! His little tears were frozen to his little cheeks. He cried pretty much the entire time. He asked how much longer and when I told him we were half way he had a little melt down. I told him there was no other way to get off the mountain other than go back down it. We were supposed to go in a big loop but the weather got really bad. The sky was gray and it was really snowy so our guide decided it would be safer to turn around. I think it was a wise choice. The poor guide was probably thinking how did I get stuck with two such inept families. I was glad the other family was struggling too. I didn't have to feel so bad about slowing them down.

Brie was having a good time. Apparently she didn't feel the need to pray that she wouldn't die.



Sean's body language says it all!

There's only one place to eat at the resort. It was
OK but after breakfast, lunch and dinner it was getting old. The diner was funny. They were really slow bringing the bill. They had the attitude of there is nothing else to do and no where else to go. They are right once you're done snowmobiling your options are limited. The kids spent a lot of time in the pool and we played Uno.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors