Sunday, June 18, 2017

Wrightsville Beach

Yep, I made it all the way to Wrigthsville Beach without getting lost. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive. I had Sean, Nate and Penny with me. We stopped at the Walmart in Wilmington to get supplies. Penny was so cute she kept saying "this is too much food. This is going to cost $60." Hm, it cost $205. The kids were so hungry, Penny especially that I drove through Smithfield BBQ, again and ordered a chicken and BBQ family pack to go. The kids ate the french fries in the back seat before we got to the beach house. The beach house was OK, pretty small 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. I was a little neurotic because Steph and her family are hard on houses and make a mess. So I felt like a super bitch running around behind them telling them to clean up and not to eat on the couch or in the rooms. I really didn't want to lose my deposit. There were a bunch of college students staying above us partying like college students. Throwing beer bottles and weed off the balcony. Yelling at girls to come up for tequilla shots.

The kids played hard in the water. The first day they went out for a couple of hours. The second day they were out for 6 or 7 hours. I got burn blisters on my lips. Nate has burn blisters on his nose. Sean got burned and I had to give him Ibuprofen. Nate and I had sunscreen on but I didn't have any on my lips. Sean didn't have any on. Levi and the baby got some burns too but I think Nate and my lips got the worst of it.

Penny made lots of sand castles.

Levi was boogie boarding like the big boys.

Nate and Sean had so much fun boarding. They made me kind of nervous because the ocean was rough but they just kept going They'd get ground in the sand under the waves and pop back up.





Sullivan AKA Little Art smearing a twinkie. That kid tries to breast feed everything.







No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors