Friday, June 30, 2017

Weird day

I was almost done teaching class on Wednesday when I heard someone yelling in the hall. At first I thought it was kids. Then the yelling was "CAROL, HELP ME!" I ran out in the hall and someone was leaning over the lower counter. I pulled her back and it was Claudia. She was screaming that she was going to die. Blood curdling screams, help me, help me, I'm dying, help me. She told me she was going to have a seizure and she thought she was having a heart attack. Margaret came out in the hall right after me and I asked her to call 911. Linda came out from the back classroom and I told her to send the students home. She sent them all out the back door so hardly anyone saw Claudia. I got hold of her sister Lynda and she met her at the hospital.

Claudia's been planning a trip to Europe for a year. She is supposed to leave on Monday and she still plans to go. She doesn't have trip insurance. I think she's crazy, but that's nothing new. She was in an unorganized cardiac rhythm when the EMT's got there. The one little EMT was a jerk, all the others were very nice. He was the kind of EMT that knows everything. "Stand back, I'm going to expose her breast so I can take a picture of her heart. What the heck, did he have a camera. A picture of her heart. I wanted to say, look smuck that's a strip of the electrical activity of her heart. Claudia said when he had her in the back of the ambulance he asked if we'd been fighting at work. Good grief. At the ER they did a CT scan of her brain and gave her magnesium for her cardiac arrhythmia. Now she's in bigymany. She needs an ablation but doesn't know when she's going to do it. I hope all goes well for her in Europe. On a more humorous note when I was talking to the students today they said they thought it was some sort of drill and we were creating an emergency to test them. That would be pretty twisted.

For my own health problem Wednesday I had to go the the doctor to get my recurring bartholin cyst taken care of. Oh bother. I go back in two weeks and we are going to schedule surgery. I am tired of this stupid thing. On Wednesday our insurance was UHC and tomorrow it switches to Cigna with Don's new job. I went ahead and went to my old gyn office because we hadn't met the UHC deductible so it didn't really matter where I went and I wasn't going to wait until next week to get it taken care of.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors