Monday, May 30, 2011

Life is better at home

Sean has fifty feet of oxygen tubing. Can you guess how many things a 3-year-old can wrap 50 feet of tubing around? It's kind of like a puppy on a rope in the yard. Sometimes it's more like 50 feet of Christmas tree lights and Sean is the tree. It's actually funny to watch him have a tantrum on oxygen. I'm not sure why it amuses me. I guess just because he feels well enough to throw a tantrum. After the fourth dose of home antibiotics he finally believed us that it wouldn't hurt. The IV at the hospital always hurt. Antibiotics go better with Reese's peanut butter cups and Sponge Bob while laying on the family room couch.

Antibiotics also go better when they are given by your sister. He has a total of six antibiotic doses a day which equals three and a half hours of antibiotics. I am not working next week but Alika has learned how to access and flush the PICC line and give antibiotics so she can be my back up.

I had this picture on my phone. It was when he was so very sick. It's amazing how fast they can sick and it's wonderful how quickly they can heal!

1 comment:

hope2adoptbaby said...

I've been gone, but just got caught up on reading on your recent events....SO SCARY. So glad that Sean is home and doing better!
Shelby

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors