Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My very sick biscuit

Sean's been sick since Friday night and it went from bad to worse and now we are at PCMC. Talk about a crappy day. Sean's sick and I went a little mental yesterday. I was worried sick about Sean, the basement flooded again! Mom was freaking out because no one was fixing her basement. I called Catherine and told her to get a plumber out to fix the sump pump. Catherine got someone out there right away but mom needed help cleaning up and Don and I were at the hospital. AJ sucked up the water and took all the wet clothes up to the washer. Then he and Steph came to the hospital  Mom then asked David to clean her bath tub and he said no, he didn't have time because he had to do his homework. I feel sure that kid is on drugs again and I don't even know if I have the energy to care. He's with his mom all the time and no doubt they are doing whatever they do. It's like fighting an uphill battle with the other parent pushing the kid back down the hill as fast as you push him up.
Now this excuse of not helping could be humorous coming from a kid whose flunking out of school except I am not finding any humor. Mom was downstairs crying that no one was helping her. I went upstairs and found David in his filthy room eating and watching TV. I went CRAZY! I called him every name in the book and told him to get down and clean Grandma's bathroom. I don't even remember everything I yelled I was so outraged that he had the audacity to be so rude to his grandmother. There are no words to describe. How dare he talk that way to her with all she has done for his rude teenager self. Then I went back downstairs and mom started crying and telling me no one would believe her when she said her sump pump wouldn't work. I'm crying as I write this because I am ashamed to say I went off on my mother. I told her I didn't care about her stupid sump pump all I cared about was the fact that Sean has pneumonia he's breathing 100 times a minute and he could die. That outbreak of course caused mom to cry even more because she too is equally worried about Sean but was just expressing her stress in a different way. I told her I was sorry and that I loved her and then came back to the hospital. It was a really rough evening. I got back to the hospital and Alika was here too. She texted David and told him she was ashamed to call him her brother. I also called Jenny because I felt obligated to tell her that Sean was in the hospital. She then started freaking out and texting Ryan. So much drama when all I should be doing is worrying about biscuit. Jenny and Ryan just give me anxiety. I brought my ativan back to the hospital with me and I took not one but two!

Back to the real part of this story. Sean got sick on Friday evening. He told me he had a fever. I checked and it was only 99 so I didn't give him any medicine. In the middle of the night he woke up and it was 102 so we started ibuprofen. I called Don when he was swimming at 6 am and had him bring home some different flavored Tylenol and ibuprofen. Saturday he felt good when his fever was down and he played with Ethan all day. They even rode bikes.

Sunday he still had a fever but wasn't throwing up. We went up to the plane hanger and he played outside for a while and was not to bad. He slept good Sunday night. On Monday I went to work at noon and Alika stayed home with Sean. I gave him ibuprofen right before I left and told her he should be good until I got home at 6:30. When I got home he was SICK. His temp was 104.7. I gave him Tylenol and Advil and he started feeling better. He ate a piece of jelly toast and some ice cream then he went to bed. I slept with him in his room until about 3 am when he wanted to go into our room. I was giving him Tylenol and Advil every 3 hours but his fever was still high. About 3 am he started coughing the dry, respiratory distress cough. Don was swimming at 6 am and texted me and said make an appointment for Sean. I laid there and looked at him and his color wasn't good and he was coughing and breathing fast AND I couldn't get his fever down. I have a pulse oximeter at home. I put it on and his oxygen saturation were in the 70s and 80s. I was debating ER or doctors office. (I dont' know why because I knew how sick he was, just wishful thinking that I could keep him out of the hospital.) I called the doctors office and they said bring him in now. We got to the office, they put him on oxygen, the doctor came in and said you have to go to PCMC. He asked if we wanted and ambulance I Sid no we would just borrow an oxygen tank and drive him up our selves and we did. We were in the ER a couple of hours waiting for a room. They had him on oxygen, started and IV, drew blood, blood cultures blood gases and started IV rocephin and zithromycin. Eventually we got up to a room. In the ER there were so many doctors, respiratory people and nurses in the room and one point Sean woke up and they were gone and he said "where's the doctor, I'm SICK!"


I love my biscuit. Hopefully he will get well fast!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors