Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spring has finally sprung

The weather was perfect today so we played outside. Ryan texted me last week and wanted to see Sean. I texted him and told him Sunday at Liberty park at 10. He said he didn't have his car anymore. He texted at 9:30 and asked where at the park to meet. I said the "big toy." A few minutes before 10 he texted and wanted to switch to a park right next to his house. (Liberty is four blocks away.) I ignored his text. He showed up 45 minutes late. (Lanette said he is only seeing the girls 30 minutes a week and last week he was 20 minutes late). He came without his skateboard. I asked where it was and he said "I forgot it." His car must have gotten towed or repoed and had his board in it. Jenny was supposed to meet with the girls therapist on Thursday. She called me on Friday and told me the therapist had gotten the days mixed up and wasn't there when she showed up. (I'm sure that's what happened.) Ryan and Sean played together for an hour at the park and Sean enjoyed it. Don, Sean and I went to lunch afterwards
We took our lunch scraps to Sugar House Park to feed the ducks (and seagulls). What's wrong with this picture? The park bench is in the pond! The pond is overfull with all the spring run off. The birds liked the french fries Sean threw.


The waterfall at the Sugar House Park is flowing fast. The last time we were there you could walk across the stream, not today.

Reaching for the stars. I was laying in Sean's bed looking at his disorganized unattractive room and got a wild hair. I've ordered new carpet. Steph picked out the paint and is going to start painting tomorrow. Sean wanted his two favorite colors, red and blue. We will see how it turns out! After it's painted and carpeted we are getting new Ikea storage units. Hopefully it will be organized and look good. Don's not overly happy because I am starting a new project before the last one is complete! The basement is looking great and almost finished.

Sean moved up to the four year old class at school. I am amazed at how much the kids learn. The teachers keep telling me how well Sean is adjusting. He loves it. He's learning to read! I was worried because he's not potty trained and all of the other kids in the 4 year old class are. Every where we went Sean would tell us when he needed to go to the bathroom and he only had one accident. I guess he is potty trained. Nah, I can't call it trained because we never trained him. We are too old and tired for potty drama so he just decided on his own to start using the potty. It cracks me up. He is so proud of himself that he will call me in to the bathroom to watch him pee. I am glad the school was able to recognize that Sean had outgrown the 3 year old class. It is fun to watch him expand in the new class. He is such a little sponge and just learning all sorts of things.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors