Saturday, November 26, 2011

Ethan

Ethan has earned his own post. Why you ask? So many reasons! 
Last night Don said "you have to come see this." I picked up my camera and this is what I saw. No water, just two naked boys in the tub playing with toys.
On Wednesday I heard a HUGE crash and glass breaking. (Unfortunately, I didn't think of my camera until AJ and I cleaned up the mess.) Initially I thought my grandfather clock had fallen on top of the boys because there was no noise following the crash. In lieu of pictures I wrote this poem.

Twas the day before Thanksgiving, when all through the house
Two creatures were stirring who'd scare any mouse.
The plants were sitting on their stands with care
Not knowing two boys they needed to fear.
Momma in her bed reading a book
Was not watching those boys not even a look
When on the stair case their arose such a clatter
Momma sprang from her bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the stairs I flew like a flash
Only to see AJ fly up with a dash.
The glass and the dirt on the stairs could cause a fit
Two boys pointed at each other and said HE DID IT!

OK pretty lame poem but you get the point. I had a very large plant in a very large glass pot sitting on top of a not very stable plant stand. The boys knocked it over and it hit another very large glass pot and crashed down the stairs. The boys were both in the deny mode not that it really mattered who did it. I said "ETHAN, GO HOME! SEAN GO TO YOUR ROOM!" Ethan said "why do I have to go home?" I pointed at the mess and said "really do I have to answer that?" He went out on the porch while AJ and I cleaned it up.

Ethan has some funny little peculiarities. The very first time he ever played with Sean he screamed and cried when he couldn't take home all Sean's toys. Ethan usually has a toy in each hand, some in his pockets and one tucked under his chin. He's been known to stuff them down his pants as well. Lately he's taken to wearing a back pack so he can haul more toys around. He is also a streaker, he loves to be naked. He often arrives at our house naked and then wears Sean's clothes home. Some days he will come over with two left shoes on (both Sean's). Most mornings there is a bag of toys and clothes on our porch that his mom is returning. (I am often returning bags of Ethan's toys and clothes to his porch as well). When I tell Ethan he has to go home because we are going somewhere he says "I am coming with you." When I tell him he's not he cries "well what about me!" I remind him that he has people who love him and will take care of him. He sticks his bottom lip out rounds his shoulders and stomps or screams all the way home. (they live next door so it's not really that far)

Today Sean was annoyed with Ethan. "He didn't wipe his bum when he pooped in our yard." Yep, Ethan likes to poop in the yard. I've watched his mom make him pick the poop up in a doggie poop bag. I helped Ethan put the poop in a bag and then he put it in the garbage. I asked Ethan why he pooped in the yard and he said "I was peeing and it fell out." Oh well then, that makes perfect sense.

So staying with my gratitude theme. I am thankful for Ethan, he is a very good friend for Sean. They keep each other occupied. I'm also grateful for how well behaved Sean is. I am thankful I am not Ethan's mom. Miranda is overwhelmed by being Ethan's mother and I know how she feels that is how I felt when Carter was little. The plus is Liam is a little angel. Miranda told me once "I used to think parents with kids like Ethan didn't try and now I know." Yes, Miranda now you know. I don't even tell Miranda about most of the naughtiness because she doesn't see any humor and it causes her more stress. I'm more worried about teenage naughtiness they may get into.  

I am thankful I can say "Ethan GO HOME!

If you're in our yard and you step in poop just know we don't have a dog:)


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors