Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pneumonia again

Sean has been sick all week. On Wed I thought he was getting better. He slept well wasn't coughing so I sent him to school. When I picked him up from school his temperature was 104. He coughed on Thursday but no fever, same on Friday. Then last night he coughed all night and today while I was at work he coughed continuously and had a high temp. When I got home he was doing his respiratory distress pneumonia breathing. His saturation was 89. We went to Kids Care and the saturation was the same, they gave him a breathing treatment did an X-ray and gave him a shot of Rocephin. The Dr said if we could get his saturation above 91 we could take him home otherwise we had to be admitted. We left with his saturation's at 92. Hopefully with the shot of Rocephin he can start to get better and we can stay out of the hospital.

My mother in law asked me if Sean was exposed to drugs in utero. When we were at PCMC the pediatrician asked me if there was drug, alcohol or tobacco use during pregnancy and I said "yes." She gave me a blank stare and asked "which"? I said "all" and she asked "which drugs" and I said "I don't really know." She looked at me like I had two heads and I said "he's adopted." Ohhhh. So to answer the question. I know there was lots of smoking and drinking in utero but can never get a straight answer as to recreational drugs. Sometimes she tells me none then other times she says pot and once she told me meth so who knows. I will just say that Sean was not incubated in an optimal uterine environment. None the less he turned out a great kid.

I'm thankful for health care and health insurance.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors