Sunday, November 6, 2011

Scroll Reunion

Last night I went to a very mini Scroll reunion. That's the newspaper I was on at Ricks College 30+ years ago. I was News Editor, Melinda on my right was an editor and Marta on the other side of the table was an editor and Brother Palmer was the director of the department and our instructor. It was fun to reminisce and hear what others have been up to. Another person showed up but didn't find us in the restaurant. I guess after 30 years you don't know what each other look like. I would have recognized Brother Palmer any where.
This leads to my things I am grateful for: I am grateful for my education at Ricks. While I never became a "journalist" learning to write has opened up many opportunities. I've written for just about every nursing magazine out there. I've had my own column in NurseWeek magazine, I've been published in Reader's Digest and most recently I have my column in the Salt Lake Tribune. None of these fun opportunities would have come my way if it weren't for the two years of Journalism I majored in at Ricks College. Good times!

First snow of the season yesterday and Sean made some great snow angels.



We went to the train museum in Ogden but it was really too cold to do anything so we ate lunch and came home.
I am working today and so is Don. Jenny wanted to see Sean so Don dropped him off at her house for a couple of hours. Kylie and Brie are there so I am hoping he's having fun. She said she was going to take them to church. They cynic in me says she's going in hopes of getting church welfare.

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

You are an impressive woman with an impressive resume of GREAT things you've accomplished. I consider you one of my role models. Thanks for being such a great example to all of us of education, hard work, service and love.

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors