Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Halloween Wrap

We started Halloween morning off with Sean's history parade at school. This year I told all the parent's to make sure they sent their kids in comfortable walking shoes because I wasn't carrying anyone! I did take two strollers just in case. Everyone had comfortable shoes but both strollers got used and teachers were carrying kids. Next year I'm taking the six seat stroller from the school with us.  Sean's class were knight's and princesses again. The Little's were astronauts and scientist and the big kids were Egyptians. We made root beer and that was fun. It is amazing how much Sean has grown and changed in his year at the school. I remember watching in awe last year when big kids could put the code in the door lock and the school and open the door and now Sean can do that. His Spanish is incredible too.
Trick or treat started early. Ethan's little brother came over in half a birthday suit. His mom told me he wasn't really trick or treating rather he had escaped!
Sean and Ethan visited a couple of houses in the neighborhood and then we went over to Catherine's to trick or treat with her boys. The weather was perfect this year. One of the neighbors said "Isn't it early" and I said "these two have been dressed up all year." He had to laugh because everyone in the neighborhood is always laughing at Sean and Ethan because they are usually in costume. My camera didn't work well at Catherines. Her boys were dressed up like hamburgers.
One of the fun things about Catherine's neighborhood is we see Heather and her family. (I had Heather send me her picture because mine didn't come out.) Sean and Ryder hadn't seen each other since last Halloween. They were so cute they immediately started sword fighting and really playing. It was strange to watch them having such a grand old time. They are biological brothers and have no idea. Not that they are old enough to know what a biological brother is. They sure look like brothers. When Ryder was a baby Sean once looked at him and said "look it's a baby me." Ryder has pretty eyes like the rest of the kids but his are different than Jenny's. Sean and Kylie's eyes look exactly like their moms.


Jenny's sister Sabrina came over yesterday so her daughter Empress could play with Sean. I feel bad for Sabrina she so wants a mother and a grandmother for her daughter. It's got to be so hard to be raised in foster care. Sabrina would like to re-establish a relationship with Jenny. She asked me to ask Jenny about it. When I told Jenny last night Sabrina came over she couldn't understand why and said she didn't want a relationship with her. I told her I'd seen Ryder too and she just wanted to know if he was fat or skinny. 

Time to move on to the Thanksgiving season and being thankful.
I will start with something I am thankful for:
I am thankful for my great family. Both the great family I was born into, the one I helped create and the one I married into.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors