Thursday, May 23, 2013

Arch's



There were a couple of arches about a 30 minute hike from the boat. Well, it was 30 minutes after Don figured out how to get there. The first day a bunch of the family went while Sean and I slept. Sean and I woke up and decided to try and catch up with them. We ended up going through a stick forest and then I fell up to my thighs in quick sand. I was yelling for Sean to run so he didn't get stuck too. He asked what was wrong and I said "it's quick sand, run so you don't get stuck in it." He stood there and said "quick sand usually goes in a circle." Seriously kid, your giving me a science lesson. About that time he starts to sink so he starts to run. He lost his shoes and was crying but he was out of the sand. I was trying to pull myself out and he asked "do you want me to call for help." Great idea but I'm not sure who was going to hear him. I pulled myself out, recovered Sean's shoes and my pride. When Sean is doing something he likes, sitting in the hot tub, boating, flying, he will say ahh, this is the life. As he was standing next to the sand crying he said "THIS IS NOT THE LIFE!" We turned back and decided we'd try the trek again another day. On our last morning we all went out while Art and Char stayed back and cleaned the boat. Don marked our way with aluminum foil in the trees and we stayed away from the sand traps.
We did find this little beauty in the sand. He had a rattle thing on his tail so we decided not to antagonize him. We also saw jack rabbits, lizards, chameleons, and lots of bats. There was duck by our boat the entire trip. I named him Peking, sometimes his girl friend came to visit. There were also some annoying blackbirds that came on board and tore up our garbage.







No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors