Thursday, May 23, 2013

Lake Powell

I plan my vacations not around where I want to go but the great deals I can find on Travelzoo Groupons. I didn't even know I wanted to go to China but I had a great time so I'm open to vacation deals. When I saw a great deal on a house boat rental at Lake Powell I thought, why not?
Don wasn't hip on piloting a house boat without any experience. We went to Lake Powell two day s in advance so that he could take a house boat training class. We stayed at the resort on the lake. This was the view outside our room.

Hooray for vacation!

The boat we trained on was the $15,000 a week house boat. Shockingly, this isn't the boat we rented. It had a hot tub, flat screen TV and fire place. Sean fell in the hot tub. That made him very unhappy. He was also unhappy when he found out the boat we were staying on didn't have all the amenities. "I want this boat" said the kid who wanted to sit in first class on our international flight. Can't blame a kid for wanting all the same things the rest of us want.

Spiral stair case on the expensive boat.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors