Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fun followed by pneumonia



Sean went to a birthday party for his friend Riley. It was a bowling party. Don and I stayed and bowled while the kids bowled. They had so much fun. Riley's grandpa is adopting him. He's had custody for a couple of years through DCFS. Riley came over to our house last week while his Grandpa went to see his mom. Sean and Riley were in the back of the car and Riley told Sean "my mom's in jail." Sean leaned over and whispered something to Riley. I asked Sean what he said and he said "I told him my mommy Jenny was in jail." Sad that they have something like that in common.

Sean and his friends do gummy bear races at school. They put their shirts over their knees and hop. Funny. They were gummy bear bowling.

We stopped at Dairy Queen on the way home.
Sunday morning about 3 a.m. Sean started coughing. At 6 he had a high fever. Sean said he got sick because he had "too much fun yesterday." We took him to the Kids Care at noon and he has pneumonia. They put him on an adult dose of amoxicillin which has done nothing but give him a terrible stomach ache. One gram twice a day. He's getting sicker. I switched him to the azithromicin the pulmonologist had given us for emergency use. I can't get him an appointment with our regular doctor or anyone in his office this week. I talked to the pulmonology clinic nurse three times today.Sean's on oxygen at home now. We were going to take him in tonight but I'm hoping he's getting better. His sats are in the 80's and he still spikes really high temps. We have him on Tylenol and Advil around the clock. If he isn't better tomorrow we will probably end up at PCMC. If we take him in tonight they will admit him and then it will be days before they discharge him so I'm really trying to avoid an admission. Before he went to sleep we played Mario and he had some energy and ate more for dinner tonight than he's eaten in two day.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors