Thursday, May 9, 2013

Still sick

Sean has not had a fun day. I thought yesterday he was doing better. His fever wasn't as high and I didn't have to give him Advil at 2 a.m. Last night he had a coughing fit that made him throw up. He had another one this morning and he was totally lethargic. He didn't want to get out of bed. I still couldn't get him into our primary care doctor. I took him back to Insta Care. At least there is a little continuity because they can see all his medical records. At the clinic his oxygen saturation were in the 80's. I was worried that they were going to admit him. They did a CXR and the pneumonia is now in both lungs. They gave him two shots of Rocephin (which really hurt). The doctor told us to keep him on oxygen all the time and come back tomorrow for two more shots of Rocephin and a follow up. I went to work after the visit and Don stayed home with him. He was still using the blow by oxygen and his sats were only 89-90. I made him put the oxygen cannula on. That made him so mad he growled at me and punched. Very angry. It's been a couple of hours and now he says "I'm used to it." It's just hard because he has a stuffy nose and it's hard to have a cannula and boogers in your nose.

Mom is also not feeling good today. She said she feels as bad as Sean and she didn't like any of the books I got her from the library either. Not one single one. One of them she said was the worst book she ever read.  Just not a fun day for people in my house.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors