Wednesday, June 3, 2015

First grade is so yesterday!

There were a lot of end of year activities at the school. They had a performance where they sang an entire years worth of songs. They covered every season. They sang Skidamarink a dink a dink, Skidamarink a doo, I love you. When Sean would sing I love you he would point at me. All the other kids were pointing straight ahead and Sean was pointing towards me, it warmed my heart.
They took a field trip to the Tree House in Ogden. I had never been there. The kids had a good time. 

The theme for their field trip was fairy tales. They made magic wands.
On Monday the two dual immersion classes went to the park. I was walking behind Sean and his friend Ethan. We were walking past a church and Ethan said "that's my church and I'm getting baptized on Saturday." Sean asked "what's baptized?" Ethan said "they dunk you under water for a second and wash away your sins." Sean said "huh." Ethan said "everyone HAS TO DO IT!" Sean looked at me and I said "no, everyone doesn't have to do it. It's a choice. When you're an adult you can get baptized if you want." Sean said "really you can wait until your an adult." He thought that was interesting.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors