Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Trinidad California

There was little town called Trinidad a couple of miles from Patrick's Point. We went there for lunch. It looked like a town for a movie set. Cute houses, cute shops, a little light house, a bell from the 1800's and a wall with the names of people lost at sea. The kids walked down to the beach. Don and I did not. A lady walking up said it was 261 steps down which means it's 261 steps up! We were only a couple of miles from the beach at the campground where it was so foggy you couldn't see the water yet in Trinidad it was clear and blue for as far as you could see.



We ate at a restaurant in Trinidad that was nice. As we were leaving there was a woman wearing shorts with a prosthetic leg. The kids stopped and stared and I knew it was coming... wait for it. Kylie said "look that lady has a robot leg!" I said "yes she does." The three of them were standing there with their eyes wide and the lady asked "do you want to touch it?" They were too scared. She told them how it worked and they asked how it stayed on which she patiently explained. Then one of the kids (I can't remember which) asked "what happened to your real leg?" The lady looked at them and with a totally serious face said "I didn't eat my vegetables." Ha ha, I bet she never gets tired of that one.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors