Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Trillium Falls and Fern Canyon

Neither the kids or I were too thrilled with another hike but Trillium Falls was one of the funnest things we did. Don kept telling me it was an easy hike, it was level, he said. That was kind of funny because it was level but you had to go over logs, trees, rocks and across a stream. It wasn't hard but it was an obstacle course. The kids loved it, they ran so far ahead we couldn't see or hear them. I would ask people coming back down the river if they had seen three kids. One lady said "the twins with the glasses and the boy." I wish I had been quick enough to say they were triplets and that's what happened if you take infertility drugs in your forties but alas I missed that opportunity. Selfie sticks were made for the Redwoods.


The kids were funny. At first they tried really hard to keep their shoes dry but once one of them got soaked they gave up and just walked through the water. 

Surrounded by the ferns.

Over the river, across the logs and through the woods we go the kids no the way to.... get really, really wet.



When we got back to the campsite Don laid the kids shoes on the fire pit grill. Phoebe put her socks there too and they melted. It was so humid that nothing really dried. The towels were gross. Sean had wet the bed. Everything was nasty. I decided to go in town and find a laundromat. I figured if I didn't do something by the time we got home everything would be moldy.  I went into the gas station and was told there was no laundry but the Palm Motel next to the Palm Cafe had a washer they allowed the public to use. Lucky for us we had eaten at the Palm Cafe the day before. We had a waitress with tattoos, gauged ears and pierced eyebrows all of which was pointed out to her by Kylie. Kylie also told a guy at the falls that he was gross and needed to put a shirt on. Don't hold back Kylie tell us what you think. I wandered around the motel and couldn't find a laundry room so I went back to the Cafe. I found our nice waitress and she told me to meet her in the back parking lot and she would show me where the laundry room was. She discovered it was locked and then went and got the key and opened it for me. So nice! It was two little washers and a big dryer. I walked across the street to the little grocery store and was wandering around. The cashier asked me if I needed help and I told him I was waiting for my clothes. He told me to make sure I held the button on the dryer until it buzzed or it would eat my quarters. Palm Motel and Cafe is where it's at. It took me 2 hours but everyone was happy at the camper when I came back with clean towels and clothes.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors