Saturday, February 11, 2012

Drama update

We took Grandma to lunch at Red Lobster today and AJ pointed out that I haven't updated my blog as to the Jenny drama. I told him because things change so much I hadn't posted anything. But alas if I am to keep an accurate document of all the drama I must record all the twist and turns of this journey. Jenny called Lanette from jail on Tuesday. It was only a sixty second courtesy call so it was fast but she said something to the affect: "I did something really stupid. I stole some credit cards, I'm going to be here awhile and I can't do this anymore I want you to adopt the girls." This is pretty exciting but I don't believe anything until the papers are signed. I still got subpoenaed yesterday for the March trial. The  DCFS  worker was supposed to go to the jail and talk to her Thursday but we don't know if she did. Clarice had her baby and is out on maternity so there is a new worker. Lanette said she's tough and doesn't put up with any crap.

The therapist Becky told the girls their mom was in jail and that was why she couldn't see them. She also told them their dad had been in jail last week and that is why he didn't see them. She explained that none of this was their fault it is their parent's bad choices. Brie found this liberating and talks about it constantly. "My mom is in a big time out, she made bad choices, it's not my fault. She has to sit in a room and think about her choices." Kylie on the other hand wants Brie to quit talking about it and says she doesn't want to think about it. That makes sense to me. Brie has always been the victim and now she can stop. Kylie has always had to protect her parents, lie for them, try to take care of them so this is a real burden for her. She probably feels lost. Hopefully soon like Brie she will feel liberated. I haven't told Sean anything because he doesn't care.

I'm going to go to the jail on Tuesday and talk to Jenny. I am going to ask her to sign Sean's adoption papers and make everything final. I am going to put some money on her "books" so she can call Ryan and discuss it with him. If she says no I am going to tell her we are going to file for termination of their parental rights and have a trial. Hopefully this will go easy. She's pretty low right now. She's lost her job, she's looking at serving some time, she can't get welfare, her car got impounded and she will be evicted soon. I've also sensed a real change in her relationship with Sean the past few months. She has been very distant and there has been an obvious lack of connection. She comes over without the girls so Sean has no interest in her and she doesn't really know Sean so she doesn't know how to interact with him. She doesn't call as much as she used to and she doesn't ask about him when she does.

The jail has a cool way of communicating now. I can send Jenny an email for fifty cents and then they will email me her letter to me for another fifty. I like it, I control the correspondence and Jenny has some contact with the outside. This is Jenny's letter to me.

1 comment:

Cramerica said...

Why is her hand-writing so much better than mine. She sometimes used really good grammar followed by some bad. What is up with that?

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors