Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary. We celebrated with dinner last night because Valentine's is a crazy night to go anywhere nice! Woo hoo, we are still happily married.

I went to the jail to see Jenny this evening. As always a visit to the jail is a unique experience. I feel bad for the parents of the kids there. I know they aren't really kids but nonetheless I feel for all the middle aged people who I know are there to visit their children. I couldn't get my locker opened and a man helped me. When we were walking through security he said "kids, what can you do?" I agreed. I went and sat up against a far wall in the holding room and he came over and sat next to me. He told me his son had gotten in with the wrong crowd and shot someone. Wow, horrible story.

On to Jenny. She was crying but looked OK. I asked her what happened and she told me she "borrowed" a patient's credit card but was going to pay it back. She said "I didn't know borrowing a credit card was such a big deal." I said "yep, Jenny it's a felony." I told her I'd seen the ten mug shots and that the one of her so young charged with DV made me sad. She told me it was when Kylie was a baby and Ryan hit her so she stabbed him with a knife. Wow, horrible story.

She told me she wants to sign the girls over and let Lanette adopt them ASAP. I told her I wanted her to sign Sean's adoption papers and no kidding she said "I thought you'd already adopted Sean." Are you kidding me???? She's going to sign the papers. I talked to Catherine and hopefully she will get it done Monday. We talked for the full 30 minutes. Mostly it was Jenny telling me what a mess she's made of her life and she has no idea how she's going to dig out of the hole. She said Ryan has a drug problem that is getting worse. I don't know if it's true but think it probably is. The last time I saw him his hands were shaking like he was on meth or heroin. Now I have to talk to Ryan about signing papers, which means I have to find him.

Catherine had been occupied with things other than my legal needs.  Harrison's appendix ruptured last Tuesday. He had surgery but had complications and they had to put drains in three abscesses. Hopefully he's on the mend and will get home Thursday. Now Stephanie's baby Levi is in the hospital with a virus. Sick nephews I have!

I'm going to have them change Sean's name at school tomorrow to Lindsay on all the school papers. Every time I sign him in Vestal it bugs me! Sean William Lindsay it will be. I can't do it on anything legal yet but the only time we really use his last name for anything besides health care and airline tickets is school.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors