Monday, February 27, 2012

Works of Art

Spring is in the air and it's craft time. I got home from work at 7 yesterday and Sean had just woken up from a long nap. He didn't go to bed until midnight so we put together craft kits for his school. We are ready for grasshoppers made out of clothespins and pipe cleaners and butterfly's. Today we did crayon art. It was a little messier than I anticipated. Jadah ended up with crayon splatters all over her skirt. The kids had a great time. 
First the kids sorted the crayons according to the rainbow (more or less) then I glued them on with the glue gun.

They all took turns with the hair dryer. (Do you think Alika will notice the crayon spatters on her dryer?) Who knew this could be such a noisy craft. When the crayons melted they jumped up and down and screamed.

Two handed turn with Sean and Lincoln.

A master piece.

I had an extra canvas and crayons so I let Sean and Ethan make one when we got home. They held the dryer for about five minutes then told me it was my turn. It was easier in the classroom, everyone wanted to hold the dryer.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors