Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How did I come to be your baby?

Sunday we stayed home and were having a low key day. Sean helped me make noodles and cookies and he helped Don fix the furnace. Later in the afternoon Sean and I were lying on the bed and Sean asked "how did I come to be your baby?" Wow, where did that come from? I'd never really thought about how to answer that question so I decided I'd just go with an abbreviated version of the facts. I said "your mommy Jenny had three babies, Kylie, Brie and you. You all wore diapers and had bottles and you all cried a lot. Mommy Jenny was very tired and stressed and she said aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  Carol will you help me and take care of  Sean? I said yes I would love to take care of Sean and that's how I came to be your mommy and you came to be my baby." Sean really liked that especially the aghhhhhhhhh part. He asked me to tell the story a couple of times then he asked me to tell it a different way so I told him I bought him at Walmart. He thought that was funny and yelled no and asked me to tell it the real way. He wanted a couple more versions so I told him I found him in a box next to the road and that someone left him on my doorstep. He thought it all very funny but liked the "real" story the best. The only strange thing was at one point he said "what about the other kids?" I asked him what kids and he said the ones besides Kylie and Brie. I don't know what kids he was talking about if he was talking about my kids and Don's or Ryder. I just said there aren't any other kids in that story and he dropped it. The "other" kids are a whole other story for a later date.

Last night we had a hard night becasue Sean was sick and on oxygen. I was laying next to him holding the oxygen on his chest because he doesn't like it in his nose. At about 4 am he woke up and asked "do the girls at my school have penises?" I said "no, girls don't have penises." He then went back to sleep. Strange question to wake up with in the middle of the night. I wonder what he was dreaming.
Sean's sick (again). Yesterday we made a car out of a cardboard box to amuse him. It's pretty lame but it took us the better part of the day waiting for spray paint to dry then after it was done Sean didn't like it because he couldn't sit in it and drive. Good grief he has high expectations for a cardboard box. He did like when Alika put it on.

Capturing the entire 60 seconds of car use.

Sean has really been into his trains again lately and will spend hours playing with them.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors