Saturday, March 21, 2020

And the social distancing continues

It's such a dilemma. Do we go through a drive through for something to eat and support the businesses that are open or do we eat at home. My hair needs colored and the salon is still open but that seems frivolous. Don and I walked to the grocery store today for a few things and we did go through the drive through at DQ for dinner.

Carter's gym is still open and he's still going which is ridiculous. He came over to get ketchup. I asked him if the grocery store was out and he said he didn't know but didn't want to go to the grocery store because he might get sick. I told him he was a lot more likely to get sick at the gym. Now he's all freaked out wanting me to "test" him. For what I asked. "Test me for a cough" he said. "Are you coughing" I asked. "I don't know" he said. Well, hell then you are not coughing. I took his temperature which was normal and told him he looked paranoid not sick.

The state is allowing us to hold classes online and clinical are waived at this time. They just have to come in for 16 hours of lab. We will have aides who have never entered a care facility or changed a brief. Interesting. I'm glad we can still make money and pay our rent. I don't know how long students will have any money to pay for the class but hopefully we can save some so we can keep the business going until things return to normal.

I did Readeo with my little CASA kid today. He really had fun and wanted to keep going but his battery died. I will read with him again next week. He's not a good reader and he's almost in 3rd grade. He tries hard though. All visits with CASA's are cancelled and only the attorneys are going to court. We will have a team meeting online next week.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors