Sunday, March 29, 2020

Two weeks and no end in sight

What an interesting time we are living in. We went out to Antelope Island today just for a change. It was a beautiful day. There were more people there then I've ever seen. When we got there we drove in there was no line. We did have to show ID to prove we live in Davis County and pay the $10. The state is now only allowing people to visit state parks in the county they live in. When we left around 1:30 there was at least a two mile long line of people waiting to get in.

It's not St George Island but it is pretty. We hiked a couple miles. The kids walked all the way to the campground area. I walked back about half way so I could get the car and meet them there.




We hiked up the little rocky area. There were quite a few people there. Kylie and Brie went home this afternoon. Sean wanted to go with them but I kept him home.



Today they said the "social distancing" will stay in affect until at least April 30. It's been over two months for China and I'm not sure why it would be any different here.
I cancelled our plane tickets yesterday.  Sean and I were supposed to leave Tuesday. The airlines are giving credit for tickets to be rescheduled later. The only thing I'm out is the trip insurance I bought. I'm really sad about not being able to see Khloe and Vally.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors