Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Living in a young adult dystopian novel

I wrote that title yesterday BEFORE the earthquake.

 Don left for work at 6 am and Sean and I were still asleep. I was in one of the spare bedrooms with the window open and the fan on. I've quit taking sleeping pills and have been having a hard time sleeping.

A few minutes after 8 the house started shaking.  I jumped out of bed thinking are you freaking kidding me!! First we are all "sheltering in place", school's are cancelled we are only supposed to leave are house for work (if you still have a job) doctors and the grocery store. We can still walk around the neighborhood but are supposed to practice social distancing and not get closer than 6 feet to anyone.

The house was shaking, I was standing next to the bed looking for clothes as I sleep in the buff. Sean comes running in yelling "earthquake." I said "go get some clothes on" he said "I have clothes on." Oh yes, it was me that needed clothes. I told him to get shoes so we could go outside. The house stopped shaking. I called Don he had gone under his desk at work.

I turned on the TV and they were already covering it was a 5.7 earthquake. The news reporters were shaking when they first started talking. It was pretty scary. We had a couple of significant after shocks. It was just a surreal day. All day news coverage about the earthquake. Utah was making national news. For a day corona virus was not the lead story in our state and I don't think that's a good thing.


Sean started his online school today. They gave the teachers two days to get it up and running. He was facetiming with Ethan, playing Fortnite and doing his work. That's multi tasking at it's best.
I've still been walking my five miles. I had Sean go with me yesterday to get him off the computer. Today after Don got home we all went for a walk including Mao Yu.

These are crazy times!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors