Friday, March 27, 2020

Day 12

Walk, walk, walk. We are all walking. The kids actually rode bikes, Don, Mao Yu and I walked. I usually walk two or three times a day, morning noon and afternoon. It keeps me from going insane. 

Eat, eat, eat. I think we are all going to be overweight when this shelter in place ends. The kids are cooking and eating and making a lot of messes. On a positive note I have time to clean up after them. 

I ventured out to Walmart to buy milk and inner tubes for one of the bikes. I took some gloves and mask over to the pharmacy. It wasn't crazy. I think people are trying to go to the store less. I've been trying to just go every couple days. There was still no toilet paper which I find so strange. There is no flour which makes sense because everyone is cooking. 

The kids fort grew. It now looks like a refugee or homeless encampment and moved into the living room. It has a fan and internet inside. The kids even took down Sean's TV so they can watch in their camp. I told them they could just put a tent up in the living room but they were much more interested in constructing this village.

Don really wants to go to SGI but all the advice is don't travel. Florida is doing road checks to see where people are going. They are trying to stop people from coming from New Orleans. They've shut down all vacation rentals in Florida for 14 days. Park City has shut down too. The National Parks are only allowing people who live in the county to visit.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors